Saturday, January 14, 2012

where did this week go?

So sorry for the absence from my blog. Monday began the first week with my student teacher who I absolutely LOVE! She and I are going to have a great 14 weeks together. She will be taking on teaching science next week. A fun subject, but the kicker is we teach it for the last 30 minutes of the day. EEK! :) Going to have to let her sink or swim so she can learn! I remember going through student teaching too.

I'm loving having her around because I have a student this year that needs lots of extra attention. I bet no one has one of those? ;) Anyways, he cries daily over everything, you name it and I bet he's cried about it. And not just a little boo hoo, it's a full on wailing to where the rest of the class is disrupted. And sometimes it can take a good 30 minutes to calm him down. Before my student teacher I couldn't take 30 minutes to calm him down, I had to teach! So I had to enlist the help of our principal, AP, or counselor. I am blessed with an amazing administration! So now I'm able to work with calming him down while she's with the rest of kids continuing their day. He is my own special project for the next 14 weeks.

We also had CoGAT testing this week. My poor babies were so tired by the end of the week. So we had a little Fun Friday and watched a little bit of Thumbelina. They needed some time to just relax!!

Our fun learning this week included working on solving a problem with our district's solving method, UPS check. U- understand, P- plan, S- solve, and check- check your work! I was so impressed with their strategy skills. We also did the Martin Luther King Jr. glyph that I got from Kimberly Edgerton. They turned out so cute! I can't wait to show a picture. They LOVED talking about Dr. King every day. They were just appalled with how people were treated because of their skin color. I love their sweet little hearts!!

Well it is late, and I want to start out my 3 day weekend right!! With lots of sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! I have been having trouble leaving comments on your blog! I just tried to on 2 other posts but it wouldn't let me! =(

    I love the math game *freebie*! Thank you so much!

    I am one of your followers and have been stalking you!

    Don't you teach in Texas?

    I am a First grade teacher in Texas and would love for you to come visit me! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*!

    I hope you feel better soon!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!