Tuesday, May 21, 2013

End of the Year Gifts and Awards Linky


Towards the end of the year I know we all love to see what everyone is doing for their end of the year gift. Sometimes I am in love with my gifts for years and other years I need a new idea! Come link up with me and share your amazing ideas in hopes that you can give another teacher a new idea.
graphics by: Ashley Hughes, Melonheads and Bubbly Blonde Teacher

Here is my end of the year gift and award.

I love to highlight my student's character traits. So I love using my end of the year awards that focus on their character traits. The moms and dads love them too! It's a keepsake for sure.


Along with their award they receive a picture of them and I with the character trait written on a label and put on the back of the frame. I have past kids that tell me they still have their frame that sits on the dresser in their room. Makes my heart smile :)


The "w" fell off :) oops! Told you that these things are loved and kept a long time.
back of the frame
Here is how I make the frames.
1. I buy the 5x7 frames from Walmart (98 cents a piece)
2. I have a parents come in take pictures of me and the kids (tried self portraits, not so much!)
3. I buy ribbon and 3D stickers from Hobby Lobby for the frames.
4.Then I cut pieces of ribbon for the edges of the frame. I use black for the boys and pink for the girls. I hot glue them onto the frame. Make sure to wrap it around the back edge and glue on the back too. See the back of the frame picture for a reference.
5. I use my amazing cricut machine and use the sticky paper (Hobby Lobby) to cut their names out. You can also use a paint pen. I've done it that way too.
6. Put the label on the back and VOILLA!
I hope you enjoy reading about all the fun end of the year gifts and get some great ideas! Don't forget to link up and use the linky button!

 photo FlyingHighSignature3_zps4182a214.png




8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful keepsake for the students and parents! I love this idea!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! Both parents and kids love them! :)

      Ashley

      Delete
  2. What a cute idea!!! I love the frames :) I haven't finished up my end of year gifts yet (we still have a month to go!) but I will link up when they are! I'm excited to see everyone's ideas!

    Have a great week!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, please link up when you are ready! I'll leave it open! Can't wait to see your end of the year gifts.

      Ashley

      Delete
  3. I LOVE those frames! How sweet and thoughtful! What a nice memento to remember their year with you! I may have time to make those!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up Joanne! Love your end of the year gifts too! Thanks for stopping by.

      Ashley

      Delete
  4. The frames are such a lovely idea, what a wonderful keepsake. I'll try to remember this post when we get to the end of the year (we are only almost half way through the school year in Australia!).

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who took the pictures of you and your students? I want to do this, but not sure the logistics, as I don't have much adult help in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!