Wednesday, June 26, 2013

textbooks with a GREAT cause

So this post is a little different than my normal posts, but I know that some of my followers are still in college getting their degree to be a teacher and I know that some of my teacher followers are in grad school and I hope that you can use this!

I recently just found this website www.campusbookrentals.com and I so wish that they had this website around when I was in school! For me, getting textbooks for the semester included going to the school bookstore, searching for the books, and then waiting in line to buy them. And within the search I was always hoping I'd find a used book so I didn't have to buy it new. Books are crazy expensive!

And you want to know what else? Teacher can use this too! I searched the book "The Daily 5" and it came up! Along with lots of great resources that you can rent and use in the classroom! Even workbook resources you can make copies from.

So here is the process. Type in the title you want to find.

 If they have your book it'll show up AND a bunch of other resources you may like.

You add the book to your cart and you choose how long you want to rent the book for. This is my favorite part because you don't have to buy the book! Just rent it and return it! And it's perfect for that Maymester class where you only need the books for 3 weeks.


Then go to check out and you'll receive your book within 7-14 days with FREE shipping! You of course can choose to expedite your books.

To return the book all you have to do is put the book in the bubble envelope with a prepaid USPS label attached to the outside that you received when you got your books and drop it off at any USPS drop box or post office. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Another website they have is www.rentback.com where you can rent your books out to students! This can be done by anyone! So if you books on your shelf from college that you STILL haven't gotten rid of, get on it! You can make 2x-4x more money compared to what you'd make through the buy back options at the end of the semester.

The best part of this company is that they are partnering with an amazing organization with an amazing cause, Operation Smile.  
They are an awesome organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it. The long term improvement in quality of life for the children that receive these surgeries is almost incomprehensible.

Go check it out! You won't be sorry! Such a great way to get books you need for whatever reason!

 photo FlyingHighSignature3_zps4182a214.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!