Thursday, February 27, 2014

Finishing Up Money {freebie} and TpT Sale

We have been working on money in my intervention groups the past 3 weeks and we wrapped up the week with our "Time To Go Shopping" Activity from my Cha Ching unit that I blogged about last week. We also did a quick assessment to see what they retained from our 3 weeks of reviewing money.
The kids had a blast coloring and cutting out the pictures. After cutting and gluing, they had to choose a price for each picture then draw it with money. Their most favorite part was getting to trace with a sharpie! What is it with sharpies? The smell? The fact that they don't get to use them? Who knows!

Since I only see my groups for 30 minutes at a time, we did this activity on Tuesday and Wednesday and then today, I assessed their knowledge of identifying coins and counting coins. Now in Texas we use the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), 1st grade has to be able to count groups of LIKE coins, and in 2nd they have to be able to count groups of MIXED coins up to a $1.00.

Since my intervention group is 2nd, we have be working on mixed coins. Here are the assessments I used.
The identifying coins page is from my "Look What I Can Do" 1st grade assessment packet. The mixed coins is not included in that packet since 1st only assessments counting LIKE coins. Since most of my followers teach 1st grade, the MIXED coins page may not be useful to you, so I am including a freebie below that includes counting LIKE coins! Click the picture below to get the identifying coins, counting like coins, and counting mixed coins assessment pages. Enjoy! If you like this, I promise you'll LOVE the rest of my assessment packet!
Also, don't forget the HUGE 3 million strong SALE that is going on on TpT right now! I know I'm stocking up my cart and pray to God my husband doesn't see the bill ;) Click the picture below to go straight to my store!
 photo FlyingHighSignature3_zps4182a214.png

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ashely Sanderson,
    This is a very helpful material, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having this material. I'm a Youth Development Professional and tonight I just found out they have no idea about coins. Got to teach this to them. Thank you so much for sharing this. This will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!