Friday, May 16, 2014

Five for Friday

It has been awhile since I've linked up for "Five for Friday" and I'm so excited to share what we've been doing this week!
This is my last week of school. The intervention teachers don't go through the end of school. Thank goodness because this baby is getting BIG! Take a look at last week's update picture. Sheesh! Baby Rae is going to be a big baby by the time 40 weeks comes around!
With my math groups we have been working on addition strategies that don't include counting on our fingers for the past 3 weeks and I have to say, we have broken that habit! The following strategies we've used are:

1. bridge to 10
2. using my 10s facts
3. doubles
4. near doubles
5. flip flop facts
6. fact families
7. counting on (only when it's adding on 1, 2, or 3)

We used the game "Addition Bingo" and really practice using our strategies!

Along with playing bingo we worked on our strategies with pencil and paper too.

 The kids LOVED these activities. You can find all of these activities in my "Watch Me Add" Unit.
For my reading groups this week I thought it would be fun to do a fun reading/writing activity for our last week together. 
The "All About Me Book" is always a hit with my kids! Every year, any grade! They have been working hard on them and can't wait to take them home and show them off to mom and dad.
For my last thing that's been going on this week, I am getting ready for Reagan's first baby shower. I can't wait for it! I'm sure I will be posting too many pictures over on my personal blog, Man and Wife and Two Fur Babies. 

I hope everyone has a good few last weeks of school! You are almost there! You can do it!!!

 photo FlyingHighSignature3_zps4182a214.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!