At least in my book it is :) There are alot of wonderful topics for this week and I can't wait to share them all with you!
I just love reading all of my friends blogs and learn more about them! So the 1st topic of Teacher Week '13 is just PERFECT!
So before writing this post, I read my friend Kelli's, from Surviving the Little People, "Let's Talk About Me" post and she said it made her think of the song by Toby Keith "Let's Talk About Me" and now, I can't get it out of my head! Thanks alot Kelli ;)
Anyways, onto 10 things about me...
1. First and foremost, I am married to the best man a gal can ask for! We have been together 8 years this summer. We met when we were camp counselor at Sky Ranch. It was immediate attraction ;) that grew into a lifetime of love! We got married (Sept. 2009) 4 years after we met. I have to say dating for awhile was such a blessing. We have been married for 4 years this September and I feel the same way about being married for awhile before starting a family. I've enjoyed all the fun we've had, but now we are ready to add a few more to our family!
|here we are! 8 years ago!|
|and on our wedding day. Look how handsome he is!|
2. The only babies we have are our fur babies. Stella, our golden retriever, and Allie, our king charles cavalier. I love them both so much! Stella is definitely her daddy's girl and Allie is a momma's girl. Allie is really going to freak out when we have a baby because right now she's the baby of the family.
3. This will be my 6th year of teaching. I have taught 2 years of 4th grade, 3 years of 1st grade, and this year will be my 1st year in 2nd grade. I'm excited for my new journey!
4. I LOVE changing my hair. I have had short, long, blonde, brown, curly, straight, bangs, no bangs. I'm not scared to change my hair at all!
5. The year after I graduated college I was in the Miss Texas USA pageant. I was Miss College Station. Can you say BIG Texas hair?
6. My family is very close! My mom and my sister are my best friends. Can you tell why?
7. I LOVE clothes! My favorite store is JCREW. I swear I could buy their entire shop.
8. I have played the piano since I was 8. I can't wait till we can get a piano for our house. My childhood piano is at my parents house and I'm sure it'll stay their for awhile.
9. Oh my goodness! How could I forget about this?! I went to college at Texas A&M. Love me some Aggies and I'm hoping Johnny Football gets his act together because we can't have ineligible for the football season!
10. If I wasn't a teacher, I would definitely be a wedding planner! After planning my own, I just knew this is something I'd enjoy doing! I love details and I'm really good and not forgetting those tiny details that no one thinks of. I'm kind of a perfectionist and I won't leave anything half done. I always think if I had gone into that major instead of education, where would I be?
Well I hope this post allowed you to get to know me alittle more than before and make sure to stop by tomorrow to check out my classroom digs!